Low voltage surge-arresters
280 V/500 V with metal oxide varistor 5 kA/10 kA
- Metal oxide varistor embedded in ceramic insulator.
- Threaded terminal end (screw bolts).
- Mounting angle with clamp, made of stainless steel.
- Current cable fittings and prevailing accessories for overhead lines and conductor bars.
- Insulated, the flexible connecting line (copper) 6 mm2 can be chosen either with or without conductor bunch with sleeve.
- The signal colour “yellow” helps to clearly identify a released overvoltage arrester.
- Kunststoffseil das unkontrollierte Abfallen der Leitung bei ausgelöstem Ableiter.
- The “rope-throwing-off-function” prevents – by means of a plastic rope being attached to the insulating cap and the connecting line – the uncontrolled line drop with released arrester.
- Protection of electrical equipment against overvoltage.
- Overvoltages may result from switching operations, earth faults and short circuits or atmospheric discharges.
- With overvoltage, the non-linear resistance lowers in such a way, that the overvoltage is restricted.
- Secondary currents are suppressed by the rapidly increasing resistance.
- The metal oxide varistor with a very high resistance at given operating voltage, responses quickly and does not require any discharging gap.
- High protection is given to the electrical equipment in the nanosecond range.
- Due to higher current carrying capacity, the10 kA-type reacts len sensitive and thus reducs service and maintenance costs.
- Compact, waterproof, weather-resisting.
|Nominal discharge current||IN [kA]||5||10||5||10|
|Standard||IEC 61643-1 03/2005|
|EN 61643-11 12/2002|
|VDE 0675 Teil 6-11 12/2002|
|Maximum continuous operating voltage||UC [ V ]||280||280||500||500|
|Maximum discharge current||IMAX [ kA ]||25||25||25||25|
|Residual voltage without earth connection||URES [ V ]||851||987||1481||1642|
|Voltage protection level without earth connection||UP [ kV ]||0,9||1,0||1,5||1,8|
|Residual voltage with earth connection 1 m||URES [ V ]||1187||1688||1863||2353|
|Voltage protection level with earth connection 1 m||UP [ kV ]||1,2||1,8||2||2,5|
|Standby power consumption||PC [ mW ]||56||56||106||106|